It's been a rough year. (But let's face it, it had been a rough few years before that too.) Leaving the life I'd known for the past 10 years was the hardest thing I have ever done. It was something that I contemplated for so long, but something that I just kept putting off because of Sydney.
It has been almost a year since I decided I had to leave and it still breaks my heart when I walk by Sydney's room and she's not there.
Even though that part hurts like nothing else, this man makes it more tolerable.

It may be odd to some people that we were engaged after only 2 short months, but we just knew it was right. He's smart, a hard worker, funny, handsome, kind and talented. And when he tells me I am the most beautiful woman in the world, I can tell that to him, I am.
I really didn't expect to find someone out there and I never thought it would happen so soon, but he's my best friend and I get to be married to him. Shawn says it's "preparation meets opportunity" but I still say lucky me.
11 comments:
I am so happy for you!
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to meet him :)
I'm looking forward to getting to know him and love him too! Lucky you and lucky us!
Allyson,
I am very happy for you, and, without going into too many details, I can so relate to parts of your post.
Lori
Ah! You just made me cry! I am so happy you found Shawn! I don't know him, but he seems great! He is one lucky guy to have you!
Wow! Congratulations!! When is the big day??!!
I'm so glad that you are happy. Has he been able to transfer to NV?
I'm so happy for you!!
I am so happy for you, Congratulations!!! :)
I can't imagine how hard it has been for you, but I am so glad to hear that you have been able to find somebody to help bring you happiness again through the pain.
And no matter what, there's always going to be somebody out there gossiping away about something that has been done. If people are doing that now, forget them, and just be happy anyway!
WOW! I just saw your new post and read this one. I am so glad that you have found happiness. Bryce and I bought a ring after 3 weeks...I don't think you're crazy. He saved me. I don't know your whole story but I can relate the the leaving and finding someone that lifts you up and completes you! So happy for you!!
Post a Comment