Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Andrea!

Today is my oldest friend's birthday. (By oldest I mean the friend I've know the longest - she's not really old!) I have know her since we were like three years old in Joy School. I don't remember too much about those days though.... our Kindergarten memories are a little clearer. Even though I moved away from Midway just before 4th grade, we have kept in touch all these years. Recently, thanks to the joys of blogs, I really feel like I am keeping up on her daily life and I LOVE it!

Anyway, I hope you read this, Andrea and know that I was thinking of you. I am such a slacker with cards these days, so this will have to do!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA!

Here we are building an awesome snowman circa 1986-ish. I am on the left and Andrea is on the right. You gotta love my coat and Andrea's boots are pretty snazzy!
Here we are on the first day of 2nd grade. (Apparently I was feeling very patriotic that day.)

Here were are in the summer of 1992 teaching our "Summer Fun School." Andrea would come visit in the summers after I moved to BC. We had some pretty awesome times. Don't we look super professional?

Well, happy birthday again, Andrea! Hope you have a fabulous day!

Oh, and I just have two words for you.....RADIO ACTION!

7 comments:

Allyson said...

My mom really left this comment but I apparently blogger and I are having problems....

Linda said...

I add my birthday greetings! Happy birthday to a woman who's always been a great example to Ally and all of us!

Allyson said...

Okay, blogger and I are having even more issues now. Can you all see the pictures? Are they even showing up? Or are they showing up twice? Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

Sooooo cute!!! Thank you! Yesterday I didn't get much computer time, so I'm just seeing this. Love the pictures, and your Radio Action comment totally made me laugh. :) It was kind of you not to mention my lovely "floods" in the picture where you are "so patriotic". And, those were new pants too.

Ah, good times!!!

Thanks for all the good memories. I'm so glad we're keeping in touch through blogs these days!

Andrea said...

hahahaha, Andrea, when is the flood?

Matt

Anonymous said...

Hey Allyson
I just found you! Wow, you daughter is adorable, it has been a very long time, hopefully you remember me, Christy...check us out at http://tychris333.web.mac.com.

Hilary said...

these pictures are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Your summer fun school pic reminded me of Babysitters Club and toilet paper bows. Oh and wilson phillips!