I came home today and found Sydney sitting in her high chair and watching cartoons. I noticed that she was in a t-shirt and diaper, nothing else. I asked Jimmy where her pants were and he said there were no clean ones. I just started cracking up. I found (and still find) it hilarious that Jimmy didn't either one do laundry or two dress her in one of her many clean dresses!!!!
I think Jimmy and I have both really come to appreciate this time in our reverse roles. I learned that I really need to work hard to do a better job at keeping the house clean and making sure we always have meals ready when the breadwinner gets home. Those are things that I really appreciate when I am working (not that they have happened too often ;). Jimmy has learned that be a stay-at-home parent is WAY WAY more difficult that he ever gave me credit for.
Hopefully Jimmy will get a job this week....
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love your new header!!!!
I think it's funny how very few people (even myself when I wasn't doing it) realize how difficult it is to stay home. And by difficult, I mean so much to do. I prefer staying home, but it is a tough job. And, when the dad's get home, it's so nice to have some help. Even if they're "worn out" from "working" all day. Even if the house isn't very clean, the kiddos sure make me tired from a full day with them. :)
Happy Valentine's Day to you!
It is an eye-opener, isn't it? I hate to think what would have happened to you guys if Dad was the stay-at-home parent! On the other hand, I would almost rather die that do what he does every day for a living! It's a good thing we each are where we are...
I had to laugh at this....so TRUE! Hope Jimmy is able to get a job soon, so that Sydney doesn't end up eating chili out of the can like in Mr. Mom! J/K!
Post a Comment