Friday, August 29, 2008

**Warning** This is a super long post that you might not want to waste your time reading!

As we all know, I am mostly a "stick on a picture of Sydney and write a one sentence description of the picture" blogger.

But I've decided that I need to update my blog more often. I recently switched my plain, boring links list on the side of my blog to one that updates when people add a new post. I love this new feature of my blog and I've decided that to all the other bloggers out there that have this feature, my blog needs to appear updated to them more often. However, this new, more frequent blogging might lead to some rather random posts. And here's the first....

It's about my desk. I love my desk. See...random. Told ya.

For those of you who haven't been in our condo, just know that it is small. Two bedrooms, one and a half baths, a kitchen, and a living room/dining room are all that it has. Living here for the past two years has been quite the adjustment from our nice, large house in Vegas. We never planned on staying here long, it was just supposed to be a stop along the way to the house we planned on building on our acre in Arizona. (We have since decided to put that plan on hold indefinitely and are hoping to buy a house in Henderson soon.) Okay, so back to my desk. This is my tiny area in our bedroom that is my crafting space:

Most of the time there is junk piled high on my desk, but I cleared it off last night so I could work on a project. So, let me tell you all about why I love my desk.

I love, love, love my "Tote-ally Cool 2 Tote" (yes, lame name, but awesome product) pictured on the left side of the picture. It is easy to take with me when I go somewhere else to craft and it has a spinny thing on the bottom so it spins around making everything super easy to get.

I love my Ott Light (next to my tote). I love that it is super bright and its like having natural outdoor light right inside at my desk.

I love my chalkboard, magnet, bulletin boards on the walls above my desk. I wish there was room so that they were all across in a row, but it works out okay that one is on the other wall.

I love my Sydney calender on the wall next to the magnet board. It is so super easy to make each month because I just use these cute computer desktop templates from Shabby Princess and crop them in PSE, print them out, glue them on cardstock and I am done.

I love my tiny collapsible trash can that sits on my desk and that I can take along with me to a crop or scrappin' at my mom's house.

I love my card box (blue, on the right side of the picture). Here's where I organize all the handmade cards I make. I love sending handmade cards and if you get a store bought card from me it means that I don't really think you are worth a handmade one ;) Just kidding. Sort of.

The only thing I don't like of my desk is the stack of unpaid bills that are in my adorable elephant mail sorter (which I do love). Jimmy's sister, Darlene gave it to me and I just wish it didn't have all those stupid bills in it.

So, that's it. I love my desk and now everyone knows why.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

You were worried that THAT was too long of a post??! HA I say...what must you think of mine? They are almost always at least that long!!! But I did read every word of your post. I am excited to see your blog pop up on my Google Reader more often, telling me you have a new post! ;) Yeah!

Linda said...

That is a 'MAZing desk! I have seen lots of really cute cool things that were created at that desk...

Anonymous said...

How fun to have a place all your own to do crafts. I didn't even know that you were so into crafts! I love that you are going to blog more too.

Maddie Cat said...

Sweet. I love my desk too. I just never go into that much...detail. In that picture I put on of my desk there is a math book, I think. We got ours yesterday. Pre-Algebra and it weighs about as much as Charlie.
Phooey.

Andrea said...

I'm very happy for an update. And, it's fun to see your desk. I'm looking forward to many more "random" posts about things you like or do. ;)

Happy Labor Day (almost).