When Jimmy first found this video from an ad for ISR he immediately wanted Sydney to start the program, but I was nervous. The video is pretty amazing, but it's pretty freaky too.
I told Jimmy we would start but I was going to pull Sydney out after the first time if I didn't like it.
Turns out, I had nothing to be nervous about. The experience was great and Sydney loved her teacher Miss Frankie. Even though Sydney always cried (super fake crying, mind you) in the water, she always got excited when it was time to go to swim class.
At the end of the course students are tested on their skills while wearing summer clothes and winter clothes (complete with diapers and shoes).
Sydney will take a refresher course in the spring or summer to perfect her swim, float, swim sequence, but for now, if she were to fall in a pool, she has the skills to be able to survive.
5 comments:
That is so cool. My kids have no clue about swimming. Guess I need to get on that.
Yeah! She finished! That's incredible. I'm sure that is a major relief! Now can syd teach that to my kids?
That is amazing! I so want to do this with my kids! Where do you recommend I find an instrutor? Syd did awesome!!!!
Wow, that is AMAZING. I am honestly floored small children can learn to do that. What a great thing to teach her to do, especially surrounded by pools in the desert. You're a smart mom.
Her little crossed legs are so adorable.
I can see now why Mom was nervous during the lessons. This would scare the crap out of me if that was my kid. But it's pretty amazing nonetheless. Good for Syd :)
Post a Comment