Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Parenting 101

So, I get an F in Parenting 101 for the day....

This morning I was getting ready for the day, taking a shower, making my bed, folding laundry, etc., etc. Sydney was playing in her room and then walking her little stroller back and forth in our tiny hall. After I finished what I was doing, I went into her room and happened to see that she had colored on her wall with a purple crayon. We had the "coloring on the wall is naughty" conversation and I handed her a baby wipe to start wiping it off. I got some cleaner and a rag from the bathroom and began to scrub. Sydney got released from duty after a minute or so and I continued to clean the wall. When I turned around, Sydney had taken all the baby wipes out of the container and strewn them about. We picked them up and put them back and I went to go put away the cleaner. Well, guess I should have remembered to put away that purple crayon because when I returned Sydney had drawn on the wall again.

Needless to say, the crayons are put away for a while.

7 comments:

Lara said...

OH, how frustrating!! I am not looking forward to that!

LM said...

uhg! Sterling did the exact same thing, except it involved a pencil, a pen, and a crayon. I also had him clean with a wipe, but it didn't stop him from doing it again the day after I scrubbed for 1/2 hour just to get it off the walls of the hallway. I know that there are many philosphers that insist that parents shouldn't spank their children, but I doubt that any of those people actually had children. Needless to say, I'm a horrible parent and gave him 3 spanks for every new "group" of markings on found through out the hall. I don't know if it helped, but it sure made me feel better. Interestingly enough he didn't color the walls the next several days. I don't doubt that he'll do it again, but you can bet that while I'm a horrible parent, atleast I'm consistant!!!!!!!!!!!By the way, have you discovered the magic erasers yet? They make cleanings walls a snap! I usually have serveral on hand~if you come across an emergency cleaning situation just give me a call.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't give that an F, I would give it a check for "went through that experience", I think most if not all mothers experience that, you get to check it off your list, lucky you!

Andrea said...

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing. At least it was a crayon and not the cleaner. I don't think you failed. :) Perhaps she is trying to tell you that it's time to paint.

Jessica B Photography said...

Washable crayons.

Washable markers.

And HIDE those scissors!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that...I think we all do as parents (unfortunately)Definitely not an 'F'...just be grateful it wasn't a Sharpie...Oh yeah...really happened to me...sigh...

Susan said...

What else is funny, I was on the phone with her telling her about Aubrey using pen on the wall in the hall! :) Those Girls :)