Friday, September 28, 2007

In Remembrance of Cleo

For those of you who don't know, Cleo, the Sargeant family cat, has passed away from old age. She was 14 years old and that is definitely a record for longest pet owned by the Sargeants. I had to check the photo albums to see what year we actually got her because I couldn't remember. It turns out that we got her in 1993 when I was 13 years old. I picked out her name because I thought she had sort of a "pyramid" shape on her face. That got me thinking Egypt, so I picked out the name Cleocatra. (I am not sure anyone really ever thought that was her real name except me because everyone just called her Cleo.) I know that is a lame name, but what do you expect from a girl with that lovely room decor? (see 2nd picture). Cleo will surely be missed by those who loved her.

The first 2 pictures are obviously when we first got her and she is such a cute kitten! (See even dad liked to cuddle up with her back then.)
This picture is more recent. Maddie did a slideshow presentation for school about pets. This was one of the pictures in her presentation.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

My condolences.

Wasn't I visiting when you got Cleo? Seems very familiar. I'm not much of a cat person, but I can remember sleeping on your trundle bed and a cat sleeping with me--and for some reason I didn't mind.

Allyson said...

Yes you were here. In fact, at the funeral I talked about how you were down here when we got her!

Julie said...

Aw! She was a cute kitten!

Amy said...

I remember when Alexis Grothe and I went with Mom to get Cleo from the animal shelter. She was in a cage with two Siamese cats and we had to get her because she was sticking her paw through the grate to play with us. I'll never forget all the crowded nights she spent with me, hogging the bed and waking me up at 3:30 in the morning by biting my hair.