All the kids in the ward were dressed in their costumes and they looked so cute. Sydney wore her Minnie costume, but she wasn't cooperating with the picture taking. Here are the shots I got.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
The Annual Ward Chili Cook-off, Halloween Carnival & Dessert Auction
So it is time for our annual Cub Scout fund raiser. Since I am a den leader I am involved in this wonderful event. Usually, the Ward Activities Committee takes care of the Chili Cook-Off portion of the evening, but currently we don't have an Activities Committee.... The task of taking care of the food fell upon our Cubmaster and he did an excellent job. I was a little worried, but everything turned out. For the dessert auction I decided to try my hand at a volcano cake. I'd never made one before, but it seemed fairly simply. Luckily I found a bag of dinosaur toys at Walmart and it included the scenery as well. Here is my finished product.
Apparently my dad thought he needed it, so he bid on it in the auction and won. Guess I will get to eat a piece now! He also won the ward-famous flan cake in the paper airplane throwing contest.
All the kids in the ward were dressed in their costumes and they looked so cute. Sydney wore her Minnie costume, but she wasn't cooperating with the picture taking. Here are the shots I got.


Hopefully my mom got a better picture. The little (guess they really aren't so little anymore...) girls were cute in their costumes. Maddie was a medieval girl (wearing Amy's friend Mandy's costume) Julie was a goth (wearing a costume provided by me) and Ally was Buffy the Vampire Slayer (wearing her own very stylish clothes and carrying a stake fashioned by Brian). Hopefully my mom took a picture of those cute girls and will post it on her blog.
All the kids in the ward were dressed in their costumes and they looked so cute. Sydney wore her Minnie costume, but she wasn't cooperating with the picture taking. Here are the shots I got.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cool. So, what was involved in your cake? Was it really not too difficult?
Sounds liks a lot of fun sorry we missed it. I love the cake it turned out so good, Tyler would of loved it. Thanks for thinking of him when you guys were gonna eat it.
It's 2am and I am finally sitting down but we are still getting up early to clean upstairs and do a few last minute things!! So we will be taking a nice nap!!!
Way to go! The cake looks great! Sounds like a busy weekend!
Post a Comment