Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sydney & That Darn Cat

Okay, so per Amy's request, I tried to get Sydney to say "Hi Kitty" on video this morning. It didn't work. In this video she says "hi" but won't say "kitty." After watching the video you should understand why I am so mad that Sydney's first sentence was "Hi Kitty" and not something like, oh, I don't know "Hi Mama!" First the stupid cat runs away from her and then towards the end she actually swipes at her! You can hear my gasp at this point because Taylor usually doesn't do that to Syd. She usually just runs whenever Syd approaches. I'm sure that Taylor only swiped because she felt trapped. Taylor just didn't understand that I had to shut the door in Syd's room so they couldn't escape. The cat just didn't understand that I was trying to capture precious memories on film, er, memory card. Sorry for the bad quality of video - it is from my digital camera as the camcorder is still in Jersey. (JIMMY GET HOME SOON!!!! I miss you, plus, I need all my stuff!)



I am still trying to get her to say "Hi Kitty," but alas, she will not cooperate!



Then I finally let the cat out of Syd's room and she promptly ran under mine and Jimmy's bed to hide. We followed her in there and tried one last time to get Sydney to talk to her. However, Syd apparently was too busy playing with the tiny scarf from a stuffed animal to bother.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for putting that on here. I totally didn't think "hi kitty" were her first words. Crazy.

I didn't realize that Jimmy was still gone. Hope he's back soon.

Linda said...

I love the video, even if you didn't capture what you intended. I love the one-kneed crawl and the red pajamas. And the gasp is priceless!

Amy said...

This is so cute, even though she didn't say Hi Kitty. She still has a cute little princess voice and I love the video with the scarf.

Susan said...

She is so cute!!!!!
Makes you just want to squeeze her!!!

Julie said...

I LOVe that cute little Syd so much! I just want her to say hi kitty for me!