Thursday, August 09, 2007

Home

I guess you can say that for the last year I have been extremely spoiled. I have been living in Boulder City five minutes away from every member of my immediate family. Now that I am away I have the chance to think about how great that actually was.

I used to hate growing up in Boulder City when I was a teenager. I thought there was nothing to do, no exciting places to go. Who would ever want to live in such a small town, I thought. Now, 10 years later, I can't think of any place I'd rather be at the moment.

I love living 5 minutes from my mom's house. I go over there almost everyday to hang out. It is so much better than being at my own house. There is always food to eat; (my cupboards tend to run a little bare....) there is always someone to talk to; (my house is a little lonely - even with Syd there!) and even Sydney likes the toys better over there. She can play independently for quite some time there. I love being near my parents. My mom is well, she's just my mom. I miss her. I love being near my dad too. Even though sometimes I think he gets sick of seeing everyone always at his house (Grand Central Station, my grandma calls it) I am so glad he's near to give me a blessing whenever I need it.

I love living so close to my siblings too. I hang out with Susan, my sister-in-law, and Amy, my sister all the time. They pretty much are my best friends! I can't believe that Amy will be off the college and won't be there when I get back home. (I can't think about that right now because I WILL start crying.) I love that Brian, Susan, Tyler and Aubrey live about 5 doors down from me. It comes in especially handy when I lock myself out of my condo (pretty much a weekly occurrence!) I love that David, Loretta, Julie and Ally live just down the street. Even though I don't hang out with David and Loretta much because they are busy with school, I just love the feeling that they are so close. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER MORE WHEN I GET BACK GUYS! It makes me so sad to think that they might move after they graduate in pursuit of jobs. (Can't think about that either right now....where are my tissues????) And I would give anything to have Maddie sitting next to me talking about some Disney show or telling me every detail of a Kenshin episode!

I love that both of my grandma's live so close to me too. If I ever need anything, I know I can just hop in the car and drive over to Grandma D.'s or Grandma S.'s. I am so lucky to have the best grandmothers in the whole world.

I love being in the Black Canyon Ward in Boulder City. It just feels like home. I haven't been to church yet in New Jersey, but just the fact that the closest building is 25 minutes away is a little disheartening. I am sure everyone will be nice and I will feel welcome though.

And even though we don't see Jimmy's parents and sister everyday, I miss them too. I feel like Jim and Angie's house is an extension of home. Having dinner with Jimmy, Jim, Angie and Darlene can get a little loud sometimes, but it's pretty entertaining too. I love those New Yorkers!

If you can't tell from this post, I am just a little homesick. I miss Maddie, Julie and Ally. I won't get to talk to them in person about how they liked High School Musical 2! I miss Tyler's cute pronunciations of words ("You're in my pot (spot) Aunt Ally!") BTW Tyler, I do have a bed here in New Jersey!

Well, I had better pull myself together and get over my homesickness, seeing as how I have weeks and weeks left here in Jersey.

P.S. I am glad that Jimmy gets to spend time with his brother here. I know he misses him a lot when we aren't here. I am grateful that Mike, Rhonda and Alexa are willing to share their house with us for so long too.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ally!!! I even almost started to cry when reading your post...but only almost. I wish you were here too. Or I wish that I was there. I would come visit but with school and all. I keep thinking that you're here and I've almost called you several times. I love you!

Susan said...

we love you and miss you too ally why do you have to make me get my tissues talk to you soon

Andrea said...

I'm sorry that you're homesick. I get that way a little more each time I visit my parents. I hope you can enjoy your trip!

chorpler said...

We miss you too. There's nobody to bring Crookshanks to stay with when we go to Disneyland, so we have to let him go free in the desert. Poor little guy. I guess you guys better come back now. Hurry, it's to save a kitten's life!

Allyson said...

Poor Crookshanks. I find that very hard to believe that you will let him go in the desert.