We just passed through the very friendly town on Lebanon, Missouri. We had lunch/dinner at “Steak and Shake” there. It was quite good. I had a turkey melt with french fries and fruit salad with a delicious frozen yogurt, strawberry-banana shake. Sydney helped me eat everything, especially the shake. That kid loves anything cold and shake-like. Speaking of cold and shake-like, take a look at this picture of Sydney slurping up my Blueberries and Crème Frappacino from Starbuck. (Yes, of course it is coffee-free.) Luckily for my backwash phobia self, Sydney isn’t too coordinated with the straw. She can’t really get anything up out of the straw, so I actually had to spoon feed her some.
Update: today is Tuesday and we did not make it to Indianapolis. We probably would have, but when I called to get room rates, everything was either booked or had high room rates due to a fair being in town. We decided to stop in Terra Haute which was an hour closer to us. It was probably a good thing we stopped since the lights went out on the U-haul AGAIN! Luckily it wasn't the brake lights, turn signal or hazards, just the tail and running lights. Obviously there is something really wrong with the wiring because it keeps shorting out. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Why, oh why did we have to trailer a stupid motorcycle and quad back with us????????We should still get to New Jersey today, but I already know it is going to be pretty late when we get there. It is already 8:40am and Jimmy and Sydney are still asleep. Wish us luck on getting safely to Jersey (and in a timely manner!).
2 comments:
Dadgum Uhaul! Well I hope get there soon. Give Sydney a kiss from us. Tyler says hi and wants to know if you have beds in New Jersey? He is still trying to make sense of all this I guess
We had a car with similar wiring problems--huge pain! Hope you can get it fixed.
Post a Comment