All you observant folks out there will notice that I changed the name of my blog from the Life and Times of Baby Sydney to the Life and Times of Us. We are going on an extended vacation to New Jersey for a few months, and my mom insists that I update my blog daily while there. While I am sure that I could update everyday with what Sydney is doing, it will make more sense if I make the blog more general for our family. I'm sure Sydney will be the predominate figure in all of my posts though...
Well, onto our road trip... We left today slightly later than I planned (what a shocker!). We didn’t actually get on the road until around 1 pm.
So far Sydney has been an excellent traveler. She is on her second nap with one stop so far. I, on the other hand, am sick of the ride already and we are only four hours into our trip! Only 31 more hours of driving to go!
Well, off to listen to some Harry Potter audio (thanks, David!) I’ll write more tomorrow as we travel through Texas, Oklahoma and some other states that I can't remember.
12:15 am, Mountain Time
P.S. Well, we only made it to Gallup, NM (about 2 hours shy of Albuquerque at the rate we are traveling). Jimmy promises he will get up early tomorrow and we'll hit the road by 8 am. BTW, that IS early for Jimmy.... I'd better go now and tend to Sydney. She is getting super frustrated that I won't let her have this computer!
3 comments:
Thanks, Ally, for keeping us posted. I'll try to be more on the ball checking it first thing every a.m! Drive carefully! Love, Mom
Oh Ally! Why do you have to be so far away? I miss you already. I was going to call you to find out where chicken boullion is in our pantry but I thought that that was a little extreme. I sure miss you though. Have fun driving across the country!
This will be fun. I'm excited to "come along" for the ride.
Oh, and isn't the whole "timing" thing once you have kids great? Who knew that it could take so long to get out of the house.
Post a Comment